Friday, June 25, 2004

Jane Austen, contd.

Hmm. Just last night my SO called my attention to the fact that I'm a straight guy, wearing black but stylish clothes, looking all straight and all, and the J.A. book's cover is pink. Erm. Maybe people will get the wrong idea. Yea, I'm in a good relationship with my feminine side, but puh-lease...

Anyway, the book is still a joy to read, the story is unfolding in a steady pace, still a good laugh, but I have yet to have the first truly LOL reference (i.e. parody) of the gothick that was promised in the liner notes, and I'm already about halfway through. Nevertheless, if there's not a single reference to gothica, I'll still be OK with the book, because the wit and sarcasm is still going very strong.

However, if I look at the situation from the outside, I'm still reading a fucking romantic girlie novel! What the heck. Done weirder things in my time.

And yes, I'm straight. Not even a closet bisexual.

Those days are long gone now.

*smirk*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home